The lesson in my Student Ministry on January 18th was about Spiritual Warfare, and specifically how we are affected and involved in that battle.
Below you will find a video of the lesson I shared as well as the Small Group discussion questions that the students spent time discussing after I shared the lesson.
Small Group Discussion Questions
1. Share any initial thoughts or questions you have about this topic of Spiritual Warfare.
2. Did Woogy share anything about Spiritual Warfare that you hadn’t thought of before? Share what it was.
3. A battle or war is always between more than 1 side. In this Spiritual War we are talking about, the 2 sides are God and Satan.
-Read the following verses: 1 Peter 5:6-9, Ephesians 6:11-12.
-What do these verses tell us about the battle between God and Satan?
4. What are ways we can stand strong in this battle for our heart and mind? Let’s keep reading in Ephesians 6 to get some ideas: read verses 13-18.
-What are these verses telling us concerning how we stand strong in this battle?
-Let’s read a couple other passages that can help us know what to do to stand strong in this battle: 1 Peter 1:13-16 and 2:1-3. What are these verses telling us concerning how we stand strong in this battle?
5. Take a few minutes and write down on the provided piece of paper what your “Battle Plan” will be (examples: “I will read my bible 5 times a week”, “I will pray regularly”, “I will not watch TV until I read my Bible and pray each day”, “I will ask a friend to keep me accountable”, etc).
I shared at the end of the night, after the lesson and discussion was over, that we will always have questions in this life…either about something we don’t understand, about what we are to do, etc. Asking questions is a great way to grow and develop in our faith as we struggle through this life. We are all on a journey in this life, and we are at different places in that journey as we fight this battle.
I have created a page where you can share questions you might have, as a way to provide a place for you to share your questions and seek answers. I am not claiming I know all the answers, but rather I’m offering to help you in your journey as you seek to grow in your faith.
To share your question, click here.